New York City or Remote
$120K-$165K & very competitive equity
Aavia is a women of color-led hormone health brand based in NYC, focused on helping our generation understand our ovarian hormones and how they impact how we feel throughout our cycle. From mood and mental health to sleep, skin, sex drive and more, Aavia helps you to make the best decisions for your body with an iOS app. Join us as a Senior Backend Engineer to inspire others to take control of their hormones.
As our first and only Senior Backend Engineer, you will optimize existing code and develop new features on the Firebase cloud services that we are using. You will work closely with our team of developers to ensure the best possible user experience for our customers.
- Optimize existing TypeScript code on the Firebase cloud services to improve performance, scalability, memory usage and reduce cost
- Develop new features using TypeScript and Node.js on the Firebase cloud services
- Work with user health data to create prediction models on hormone cycles
- Work with the development team to ensure code quality and maintainability
- Troubleshoot and debug issues and crashes in existing code
- Collaborate with our iOS engineers to ensure seamless integration of new features
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in TypeScript and Node.js development
- Experience with Firebase cloud services, including Firestore, Cloud Functions, and Cloud Storage
- Experience with optimization techniques for code
- Experience working with a large dataset
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Good communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Basic understanding of frontend development with SwiftUI
- Experience with HIPAA compliance
- Knowledge about CI/CD pipelines and testing environments
Who will you be working with?
- iOS engineers
- Product manager
Who will you report to?
- Salome Tsiramua (Lead Developer)
What benefits will you be offered?