Our forums are spaces for Aavia members to support each other with kindness, vulnerability, and respect.
We encourage our members to share their experiences and ask questions, knowing that they have a community of thousands of peers and friends to support them.
To keep our community safe for everyone, we have some guidelines that we require all members to follow:
💜WHAT WE ENCOURAGE 💜
- Commenting and reacting to posts that you relate to :)
- Sharing your experiences and your expertise. Remember that what may be true for you may not be the same for someone else. Everyone is different!
- Supporting your peers, and respecting the bravery it takes to reach out and share
- Respecting all pronouns and gender and sexual identities
- Adding a trigger warning when posting sensitive content
- Checking in regularly for weekly Town Halls, giveaways, and more
- Sharing feedback about Aavia and features you’d like to see #AAVIAUPDATES
🛑WHAT WE DO NOT TOLERATE🛑
- Threats of violence or language intended to incite violence
- Use of hate speech, slurs, or racist, sexist, transphobic, homophobic, or xenophobic language
- Harassment or bullying
- Sharing someone else’s personal information or identity (including social handles) without their consent
- Spam or trolls
- Shaming comments or judgemental language
- Content that promotes, glorifies, or normalizes suicide, self-harm, eating disorders, and disordered eating
SUPPORT & SAFETY:
You’ll find a “safe mode” toggle to hide any posts that may be triggering. If your question or post includes potentially triggering content, we encourage you to select “trigger warning” as you post. If you don’t want to see triggering posts, this option is here for you at the top of the page to turn on while browsing. Though we encourage open sharing, Aavia has the right to remove any members, posts, or comments from the Forum that violate our community guidelines to protect the safety of our members.
Aavia is not an individual medical provider and we are not an emergency service. If you are in a crisis, we ask our members to reach out to their medical providers and relevant emergency services.
If you have questions about our policy or want to chat more about our community, please directly reach out to Aavia’s Community Lead: email@example.com