New York City or Remote
Part-time or contract
Jan 2024 (preferred)
As a UX writer at Aavia, you will manifest our defined brand voice and improve our in-app content towards Gen Zs with ovaries.
Aavia is building an exciting, first-of-its-kind experience within the ovarian hormone space that will require you to utilize prior UX writing experience to guide our members throughout their hormone health journey with our app.
The healthcare industry doesn’t help us understand the bigger role and importance hormones play in our day to day health. Hormones have long been misunderstood, overlooked, and conversations around them avoided. Defined by their skepticism of the institutions that failed them, the hyper cognitive Gen Z isn’t waiting for anyone to lead on issues, they’re leading themselves, but they embrace the brands that help them do it.
Who we are:
You will be perfect for the role if:
- You are looking for a mission driven company that is passionate about positively impacting people’s lives
- Experience with UX writing (software, apps, and other interfaces)
- You have a good understanding of user-centered design and related design disciplines (experience strategy, visual design, UX writing, design research, interaction design)
- You have a good understanding of interactive design and usability principles and how content strategy and creation contributes to the user experience
- You have prior experience copywriting for Gen Z audience using Gen Z language and trends
- You have prior experience copywriting about women's health, preferably for a women’s health brand, and know how to take complex scientific topics and make them fun and digestible
- You have prior experience building a brand voice and owning execution into content
- You are comfortable using - and proactively asking for - data to inform messaging decisions
- You are creative, adaptable, and have the ability to work collaboratively with a team
As our primary UX Writer you will be someone we can count on to:
- All in-app copy for UX elements such as headers, body copy, buttons, tab names, error messages, etc.
- In-app content, including our Planner recommendations for workouts, nutrition, and more, daily Hormonoscopes, and educational tidbits throughout the app
- End-to-end journeys including onboarding flows, post-purchase flows, in-app pop ups, push notifications, and emails
- Medical reviews of all content with our medical advisors to ensure all content inside and outside the app is science and research backed
- Provide thought leadership in UX writing and bring your passion for UX writing to motivate and inspire on a day-to-day basis to think creatively and stay focused on our audience
- Partner with design to determine best practices in driving conversions, engagement, retention, referrals, etc. and crafting intuitive, actionable, and easy-to-understand user experiences
- Copywriting best practices, including proofreading and ensuring there are no grammatical errors or typos
- Relaying our defined brand voice and strategy
- Conversions, engagement, retention, referrals, etc. by testing and implementing best copywriting practices for our target audience
- Supporting brand copy on our website and outreach email templates
Bonus: you have B2B writing experience to serve as B2B writer too.
Who will you be working with?
Who will you report to?
Aya Suzuki (Co-founder & Head of Design & Experience)