New York City or Remote
Part-time (10-20hrs per week)
As the Social Lead at Aavia, you will harness the power of our platforms to reach new members and nurture old ones by guiding them to take control of their hormones. You will be our trusted “boots on the ground” to make more people aware of and engaged with Aavia.
This is an exciting opportunity to have ownership over how we reach and connect with our Gen Z community across Instagram and TikTok. It will involve collaborating with our community and content leads to serve Gen Z’s needs and heavily involve creating to reach new communities, while retaining current ones with trendy reactions and comprehensive education.
As you’re reading this, we are making decisions about the future of Aavia. People with ovaries were never told the importance of the role hormones play in their personal health. Healthcare providers, sex ed and archaic institutions have failed them.
Hormones have been misunderstood, overlooked and deprioritized for too long. We’re on a mission to guide people towards the information they need to put them in control of their health, and support connections between how people are feeling to their hormonal health.
Who we are:
Aavia is a trusted platform that guides members on their hormone health journey with transparency and authenticity using education, technology, and community ー because hormonal is human. You’ve probably seen us on Instagram or TikTok!
Our culture can be described as diverse, inclusive, collaborative, values-focused, transparent, honest, and innovative. While this is a fast-moving startup and everyone works very hard, we believe in work-life balance. We are lean and poised to grow quickly.
You will be perfect for this role if:
- Are looking for a mission-driven company that is passionate about positively impacting people’s lives
- Know how and where to reach Gen Z, and how to connect with them on Instagram & TikTok
- Have strong content creation skills
- Have experience with scheduling and strategizing content across different channels
- Have examples of creating content for Gen Z
- Have experience working with creators, influencers and partners to strengthen to community experience
- Are a keen student of social media and trends that you can surface with our community to drive discussions
- Are comfortable using - and proactively asking for - data to inform decisions
- Excel at both strategy and execution for all socials <> community engagement initiatives while keeping high level company goals in mind
As our Social Lead, you will be someone we can count on for:
- Prioritizing socials growth initiatives to test and build out
- Development, implementation, management, and growth of content that can be scaled across platforms
- Management and contribution to the onboarding experience of new members and followers
- Daily community management and engagement by setting regular content, joining in ongoing conversations, and whatever you find helps support our existing followers (and the members you help bring in!)
- Socials support and planning on execution of virtual and IRL campaigns and events to bring the community together and grow membership
- Analysis and reporting of results from initiatives to identify trends, assess ROI, and present findings and recommendations on way forward to leadership team
- Scaling creator programs by training new creators
- Encouraging members to express themselves by creating UGC
- Community management (engaging with other accounts, comments/DMs, replies, in-app)
- Schedule posts in Later (hashtags, inputting/organizing assets)
- Write caption copy for all organic posts
- Connecting the dots between social and in-app (consistent content/storytelling)
- Facilitate creative approvals with marketing/brand team as needed
- Strategic recommendations for social based on organic, trends
- Create videos for TikTok/IG; react to trends in real-time
- Partner with Head of Community to support IRL/community efforts
- Ongoing competitive tracking of competitors/audience adjacent brands
- Thought leadership in socials growth and trends for a specific audience
- Best practices in driving conversions, CTRs, downloads, etc.
- The Aavia brand and brand voice
- Consumer insights through trend gathering and competitive monitoring
- Size and engagement of our community
- Testing and implementing best practices for our target audience
You'll be working across departments:
Who else will you be working with?
Our amazing members and followers!
Who will you report to?
You'll also get major benefits:
Click here for the list of benefits for full-time employees!