US (Remote welcome), HQ: Brooklyn, NY
Oct 2020 (preferred)
As our first Medical Director, you will be integral to driving the vision and scaling of the products and brand at a fast-growing startup at the intersection of health, tech, and consumer. This is a unique opportunity as an early team member to partner closely with the CEO and founding team to influence the strategy behind each element within Aavia. You will ultimately deliver high impact on our members’ lives.
Aavia is building an exciting, first-of-its-kind experience that requires you to utilize your knowledge and experience to ensure we’re guiding people on a health journey better than their mothers’. If this is the perfect challenge for you, read on and apply!
You will be perfect for this role if:
- you are a Medical Doctor (M.D. or D.O.), Board Certified in endocrinology, obstetrics and gynecology, or family medicine with women’s health subspecialty training
- you have experience educating patients on hormones and how patients can optimize their physical and mental health accordingly
- you feel passionately that in order to break through silent suffering and inequality in healthcare, medical professionals can drive immense impact by working with multidisciplinary teams including business and engineering
- you have strong written and verbal communication skills to make complex concepts digestible
- you are hands-on and you get sh*t done with a rapid iteration mindset
- you have worked with and managed other professionals
- you have empathy for and are obsessed with our members
- you have experience working with a digital health technology company
- you have experience leading virtual and in-person events
- you have a network of medical advisors or medical writers / reviewers
- you have experience with virtual care
As the Medical Director, you will be someone who we can count on to:
- advocating for product vision, features, and functionality based on patient care experience and REI knowledge.
- communicating and advocating for the science-backed nature of Aavia both internally and externally -- especially owning final review of content, recommendations, and trends presented within the digital app.
- video, audio, and written medical content creation and review.
- curriculum of live or virtual events that have a medical element.
- guiding development of any patient care products in the future.
- external facing interviews that require a medical perspective.
- incorporating science-based practices throughout the company and product.
- the member persona and their pain points, needs, and user journey in collaboration with the Head of Experience.
- the current Aavia brand in detail in order to shape it.
- every detail of our products in current form in order to improve it.
- the internal workings of Aavia’s org, including priorities/vision/needs of product team and leadership.
- credibility for both our members and within the medical community.
You'll be working across departments:
Who will you be working with?
Brand and Community
External -- members, partners, public audiences
Who will you report to?
CEO (Aagya Mathur)
Who will be reporting to you?