New York City or Remote
Brand & Marketing
Oct 2022 (preferred)
As the Head of Community at Aavia, you will harness the power of our community to help everyone unlock the power of their hormonal cycle. You will be our trusted “boots on the ground” to make more people aware of and engaged with Aavia.
This is an exciting opportunity to have ownership over how we reach and connect with our Gen Z community online and offline. It will involve collaborating with our content and social leads to serve the community's needs and heavily involve engaging with the existing community that lives within the Aavia app.
As you’re reading this, we are making decisions about the future of Aavia. People with ovaries were never told the importance of the role hormones play in their personal health. Healthcare providers, sex ed and archaic institutions have failed them.
Hormones have been misunderstood, overlooked and deprioritized for too long. We’re on a mission to guide people towards the information they need to put them in control of their health, and support connections between how people are feeling to their hormonal health.
Who we are:
Aavia is a hormone wellness platform that provides education, information and personalized insights about how your hormones are connected to your health.
You’ve probably seen us on Instagram or TikTok!
We’re a fully remote team (with opportunity to meet irl in NYC) with a robust benefits package. We are hyper-focused on inclusivity, collaboration, transparency, and innovation. We move quickly but prioritize work-life balance.
You will be perfect for this role if you:
- Are looking for a mission driven company that is passionate about positively impacting people’s lives
- Know how and where to reach Gen Z, and how to connect with them online and offline
- Have strong relationship building skills
- Have experience with event planning and execution
- Have examples of building a highly engaged community
- Have experience working with creators, influencers and partners to strengthen to community experience
- Are a keen student of social media and trends that you can surface with our community to drive discussions
- Are comfortable using - and proactively asking for - data to inform decisions
- Excel at both strategy and execution for all community engagement initiatives while keeping high level company goals in mind
- Have a testing, learning, and growth mindset
- Are creative, adaptable, and self-motivated
- Are deadline-driven, detail-oriented, and organized
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable with learning new tools and platforms
- Are not afraid to get your hands dirty! We’re an early stage startup :)
- Experience working with a women’s health brand
- Experience working with a Gen Z audience
- Experience in scaling community ambassador programs (or something similar!) from 0 to 1
- Experience with brand partnerships and/or influencer marketing
- We have a mild preference for someone based in the NYC area
- You use and love the Aavia app!
As our Community Manager, you will be someone we can count on to:
- Prioritizing community building initiatives to test and build out
- Development, implementation, management, and growth of a community ambassador program that can be scaled nationally (start with local test)
- Management and contribution to the onboarding experience of new community ambassadors and non-ambassador members
- Daily community management and engagement by setting discussion topics, joining in ongoing conversations, and whatever you find helps support our existing members (and the members you help bring in!)
- Planning and execution of virtual and IRL campaigns and social events to bring the community together and grow membership
- Plan and execute giveaways with partner brands to drive brand awareness
- Analysis and reporting of results from initiatives to identify trends, assess ROI, and present findings and recommendations on way forward to leadership team
- Scaling community programs and events by training community ambassadors
- Encouraging members to express themselves by creating UGC
- Building out programs with creators and owning cross-strategy strategy to drive customer lead gen (downloads)
- Thought leadership in community building for a specific audience
- Best practices in driving conversions, CTRs, downloads, etc.
- The Aavia brand and brand voice
- Consumer insights through trend gathering and competitive monitoring
- Size and engagement of our community
- CTRs, downloads, upselling, etc. by testing and implementing best practices for our target audience
You'll be working across departments:
Who will you be working with?
Our amazing members!
Who will you report to?
- Fractional CMO, Alaina Andreozzi
You'll also get major benefits:
Click here for the list of benefits for full-time employees!