US (Remote welcome), HQ: Brooklyn, NY
Part-time or Full-time
Jan 2021 (preferred)
As our first Brand and Community Manager, you will have a unique opportunity to work closely with the CEO and founding team to build a new health category, own the brand strategy and voice, grow our brand awareness, and grow our member base. You will have immense ownership to design, build, and execute on things that matter and ultimately deliver a huge impact at a fast-growing startup that has incredible member loyalty.
This is an opportunity to quickly grow and be promoted to Head of Brand and Community.
Aavia is building an exciting, first-of-its-kind experience to guide people on a health journey better than their mothers’. If this is the perfect challenge for you, read on and apply!
You will be perfect for this role if:
- you have built up a beloved consumer brand
- you know how to create community and have proven results on increasing member engagement & loyalty
- you have a proven track record of deploying your creative skillset
- you are obsessed with voice and how some brands get it and others don’t
- you have strong written and verbal communication skills
- you love TikTok and have been studying trends and brands on TikTok (Bonus: Instagram too)
- you are self-motivated, you get sh*t done, and you can measure the impact and results
- you make data-driven decisions when necessary
- you have worked with and managed agencies and freelancers
- you have empathy for and are obsessed with our members and the Gen Z demographic
- you are flexible to build the role together
- you dream of being a TikTok personality
- you have content online you can share with us
- you have prior experience working at a health and wellness brand
- you have prior experience working on a Gen Z brand
- you have experience managing performance marketing agency
As the Brand and Community Manager, you will be someone who we can count on to:
- establishing, managing, and scaling of Aavia’s brand organization, including recruiting and managing the team and agencies.
- launching the rebrand in 2021 with our branding agency.
- developing and driving the brand strategy and voice, and measuring success.
- building and engaging the growing community, including within the app forum, virtual and IRL events, and countless new ideas.
- developing and executing written, video, and audio content strategy with Medical Officer and occasionally freelancers for writing and SEO.
- running effective experiments to determine the best mechanisms for audience engagement.
- growing organic brand presence on TikTok and Instagram, initially with an agency.
- communicating and advocating for the brand organization both internally and externally.
- managing performance marketing agency.
- incorporating best brand practices and the brand voice in every element of the company, from product and social content to interviews and internal meetings.
- the member persona and their pain points, needs, and member journey in collaboration with the Head of Experience, and provide feedback from the community.
- member behavior and engagement.
- the current Aavia brand in detail in order to shape it.
- every detail of our products in current form in order to improve it.
- the internal workings of Aavia’s org, including priorities/vision/needs of brand team and leadership.
- the predictability and throughput of the brand organization.
- the alignment of the brand organization with the rest of the business and its needs.
You'll be working across departments:
Who will you be working with?
External -- members, partners, public audiences
Who will you report to?
CEO (Aagya Mathur)
Who will be reporting to you?
Branding Agency (until Dec. 2020)
Freelance writers and SEO contractors (if needed)
You'll also get major benefits:
Click here for the list of benefits!