New York City (remote until Sep 2021) or Remote
Aug 2021 (preferred)
As the Head of Mobile Engineering at Aavia, you will help us build and improve our product by creating and architecting new feature sets, maintaining and improving existing features, and working with our product team to create and test innovative solutions, which ultimately allow us to deliver high impact in our members’ lives.
This is an opportunity to have ownership over the development of a consumer based product at a fast growing startup.
Aavia is building an exciting, first-of-its-kind experience that requires you to utilize prior engineering experience to ensure we’re guiding people on a health journey better than their mothers’. If this is the perfect challenge for you, read on and apply!
The healthcare industry doesn’t help us understand the bigger role and importance hormones play in our day to day health. Hormones have long been misunderstood, overlooked, and conversations around them avoided. Defined by their skepticism of the institutions that failed them, the hyper cognitive Gen Z isn’t waiting for anyone to lead on issues, they’re leading themselves, but they embrace the brands that help them do it.
Who we are:
Aavia is a trusted platform that guides members on their hormone health journey with transparency and authenticity using education, technology, and community ー because hormonal is human. You’ve probably seen us on Instagram or TikTok!
Our culture can be described as diverse, inclusive, collaborative, values-focused, transparent, honest, and innovative. While this is a fast-moving startup and everyone works very hard, we believe in work-life balance. We are lean and poised to grow quickly.
You will be perfect for this role if:
- You are looking for a mission driven company that is passionate about positively impacting people’s lives
- You have prior experience working with a fast growing startup
- You have a passion for building consumer apps and interest in the health and wellness space
- You have prior experience developing and publishing native iOS applications using Swift and SwiftUI
- You have worked with Apple frameworks including Core Data, Core Bluetooth, iBeacon, and Apple Pay
- You have prior experience building mobile apps with Google Cloud Platform and Firebase
- You have a working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- You have experience in building, testing, debugging, and delivering iOS apps in a professional environment
- You are a product minded engineer with empathy for the customer experience
- Prior experience developing Android apps
- Prior experience managing other engineers
- Prior experience working at a health and wellness company
- Prior experience working on a Gen Z product
As Head of Mobile Engineering, you will be someone who we can count on to:
- Software architecture across mobile, APIs, and backend (open to rearchitecting)
- Performance, quality, and responsiveness of iOS application
- Technical direction and influence of features alongside product management, design, data, and hardware
- Data pipeline to transfer data from Firebase / Firestore to BigQuery
- Google App engine
- Partnering with design to test new features and do usability studies
- Solutions and frameworks for the betterment of the team and members
- Thought leadership in mobile engineering and passion for technology to motivate and inspire on a day to day basis
- New technologies and systems to better the product for our members
- Development best practices and solutions to blockers
- Identification and correction of bugs in the app
Our current tech stack includes:
- Programming languages: Swift with SwiftUI, UIKit; Python for Google Cloud
- Database: Firebase / Firestore
- Data warehouse: Google Big Query
- BI tool: Mixpanel (old data is in Google Data Studio)
You'll be working across departments:
Who will you be working with?
Product Team (Data Analyst, Designer, + Contract iOS Engineer)
Who will you report to?
Cofounder (Aya Suzuki)
You'll also get major benefits:
Click here for the list of benefits for full-time employees!