New York City (currently remote) or Remote
Mar 2021 (preferred)
As our first Data Analyst, you will be working with our product team to maximize the value we bring to our members through data insights, analytics, and how we reach them. You will have immense ownership over analytics tools, the way we develop data insights, monitor and support member usage, discover member trends, build predictive models, and ultimately deliver high impact in our members’ lives.
This is an opportunity to lead data efforts with a fast growing startup in a thriving industry.
Aavia is building an exciting, first-of-its-kind experience that requires you to utilize prior experience to ensure we’re guiding people on a health journey better than their mothers’. If this is the perfect challenge for you, read on and apply!
You will be perfect for this role if:
- You have prior experience working with a fast growing startup.
- You have strong prior experience with Python (pandas preferred) and SQL.
You have experience working with Google BigQuery, Firestore, Firebase, Google Analytics, Branch.io, and visualization tools such as Chartio or Tableau.
- You enjoy partnering with product, customer success, and marketing to identify strategic business metrics and actionable insights for customers.
- You can curate large data sets and do in-depth analysis for business intelligence dashboards and thought leadership.
- You have strong data manipulation, analysis, and visualization skills.
- You enjoy taking data from analysis to action by creating a hypothesis around it and using it for problem solving.
- You are self-motivated, you get sh*t done, and you can measure the impact and results.
- Data consulting experience.
- Prior experience with Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
- Prior experience working at a health and wellness company.
- Prior experience working on a Gen Z product.
As the Data Analyst, you will be someone who we can count on to:
- Decisions on what data platforms we use.
- The development, testing, implementation and maintenance of predictive models that our members use for actionable insights into their cycle.
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality for Aavia.
- The product team how to improve our data gathering and analysis for use with our product offerings.
- The marketing team how to improve and optimize our conversion funnel.
- The member persona and their pain points, needs, and user journey in collaboration with the Head of Experience.
- The Aavia products inside and out with our Head of Product.
- How to apply relevant data capture and analysis to assist the product team with experimentation and learning.
- The internal workings of Aavia’s org, including priorities/vision/needs of product team members and leadership.
- How to identify key market statistics, interpret findings, and help our marketing team understand the numbers behind their marketing strategies.
- Our current reporting infrastructure, facilitating independent insights to the organization using state of the art computing and visualization tools.
- Aavia’s data architecture and systems.
- How we use data to create actionable insights for our members.
You'll be working across departments:
Who will you be working with?
Who will you report to?
Head of Product (Stacie Velehradsky)
You'll also get major benefits:
Click here for the list of benefits for full-time employees!